Google Analytics GA4

Sunday, April 27, 2008

msfont.dll (computer virus)

Yesterday morning, my antivirus software detected a virus named msfont.dll.
It’s located in the folder c:/windows/system32/.
The antivirus software failed to remove it, neither can quarantine it.
I was a bit worried at that time.
I then tried to delete it manually at the folder, but also not able to delete.
Now I’m more worried.

I searched for information on this virus, and found one discussion at http://groups.msn.com/4pcexperts/general.msnw?action=get_message&mview=0&ID_Message=16639&LastModified=4675667198270013869 .

So, I decided to try to enter safe-mode to perform scanning.

And yes, it worked. In safe-mode, the antivirus software was able to quarantine the msfont.dll.
So now, I can delete it.

Phew…I thought I had to reformat my PC already. Lucky there’s information shared on the net. That’s what the internet is for. . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Blogs, groups and forum are great tutorial site for everyone to be aware of everything about virus. Participating in forum and groups is good for you to learn and be updated for everything.